Saturday, February 10, 2018

Things to Do With Kids: Home Depot Kids Workshops

If you're going to have kids, I highly recommend doing it at the exact same time as your best girlfriend.

IMG_9787

You can be scared shitless together while growing tiny aliens in your tummies. 

IMG_6662

She can teach you how to hold a newborn properly.  

IMG_0043

And really how to do everything properly.

  IMG_0123

Three years into this mommy thing, she is still teaching me things like the Home Depot Kids Workshops. Bless.

Now I love my kid but CHRIST, toddlers are like energizer bunnies on speed. Ms. VV goes NON-STOP from about 7 am until her 2:30 pm nap time. That means a mama who wants to stay sane needs to find new shit to do ALL THE TIME.

That's why it's invaluable when a friend shares a tip like Jean Bean did.  Months ago, she told me Home Depot does fun workshops for kids: They get to build something cool and take it home, all for the right price: FREE. Sign me up.

But I didn't because for some CRAY reason Home Depot doesn't tout it on its website.   I mean, this is the kind of warm fuzzy community building that brands usually shout from the rooftops. But you either have to know about it, stumble on one or figure it out on the site.

 Well, around the holidays, I tried, couldn't and promptly forget about it. Because mom brain.

Thankfully, I got an ad on Facebook with a reminder that it happens the first Saturday of the month. (Yes, I just thanked an ad on FB and yes, FB now knows I am now a slave to my child and not fashion.)  I registered on the site and showed up bright and early on a Saturday because KIDS. She was ready to work and werk it like Wonder Woman.

IMG_9232


It was already packed by the time we got there so definitely register. In addition to the project kit, your tiny dictator will get a free kid-sized orange apron and commemorative pin for each project. They can collect pins. Super nerdy scout cute. 

IMG_9212

YOU KNOW, my child loves a GRATIS accessory/gift bag/anything as much as mama. Also note what I gleaned from said apron and NOT from the company website: this program has been happening for 20 YEARS. I've since talked it up to half a dozen know-it-all moms who had NO idea. Hence this post. 

IMG_9235

This month's project was a V-day bean bag toss.  Genius.

IMG_9209

My love bug loved every hammering, painting, sticking, chucking minute of it.


IMG_9217

IMG_9219

IMG_9220


I loved the creativity of it, the developmental appropriateness, playing with the toy SHE MADE at home and realizing I can get arts and crafts products for her at Home Depot. Never thought of that.


IMG_9228


Best way to kill an hour that we've found in LONG TIME. The best part: thanking Jean Bean for the rec and finding out her love bug had done the same thing that morning. Thousands of miles away. And he had the Valentine's Day pin to prove it.


IMG_9444

Almost as sweet as being together.

A post shared by Diabolina (@cheeriosandchanel) on










2 comments:

Bruce the Gray said...

How great! Free bean bag box! (And then they sell you bean bags for $40?)

Da Fashionista said...

they GIVE you bean bags in the kit! it is honestly one of the best grifts out there

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin