Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall 2011: How to Wear a Cape

The Scene

One of the reasons I LOVE traveling with my mom is that she's always up for a fancy vagina fest.

DSCN0297

And that's exactly what you get at afternoon tea at the St. Regis in NYC. It is girly twirly fantastical.

DSCN0288

Highly recommend the HEAVENLY lady-like sandwiches and don't get me started about the scones.

DSCN0285

Ugh and this fancy version of a Reese's peanut buttercup---sorry for the blurring, I think I was shaking with joy.


DSCN0289

A new NYC tradition is born for this piglet and her mama piggy!

DSCN0294

The Outfit
Zara tunic
H&M striped sweater cape
Amercian Apparel liquid leggings

The Accessories
H&M floppy hat, leopard scarf and flats
Louis Vuitton tote
Michele watch
Forever 21 bracelet

The Grade
A for Afternoon Tea


DSCN0296

The Commentary

I've never been prouder of my packing skillz than I was during this trip to NYC. Managed to bring a carry-on full of pieces---colors, prints, accessories---that mixed and matched so easily, they were practically idiot proof. They worked equally well for my professional duties as well as my off time with my  mommy. They also managed to make me feel like a local and yet, very me. 

433907209_vSFoUc6r_c

A little relaxed Rachel glam from LA
Rachel-Zoe-and-her-Tan-Ali-Wrap-Collar-Cape


Mixed with the Olivia socialite in the city chic.


tumblr_lk66rf8yGb1qct8kko1_500

The big floppy hat that I got in NYC while I was there added the perfect dash of Lanvin on a dime.

lanvin-fall-2011
The only downside of this particular outfit: capes can be a little awkward if you're not wearing the right purse. A clutch or top handle bag that you can wear on your wrist work better than a shoulder bag. Otherwise you end up walking around all kinds of schloppy or with your wrist en fuego from the weight of your huge bag. Live and learn.

The Inspiration


352639782_tiOVYJUf_c

290544963_Tz3Y48FC_c


abbc6_lacostecape


196975983_4ZgORQ7x_c


J2878506111476842_36


image_0

427898938_QgKnysx6_c



133203_565



look_day_red_pants_1206



Celebs-Cape-Coat

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love your blog. Always so fun to read your posts.
I am looking into purchasing a cape and wanted to know if you had any information/make of the camel cape with gold buttons that shows the beautiful blonde lady wearing on the 1st & 8th picture. It might even be Gwyneth Paltrow.
Thank you in advanced.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin