Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Eat With My Eyes...and My Mouth: NYC Day 2

The Scene

Jean Bean and I are two peas in a nerd pod. We both got up this morning and worked for a few hours. F. Who knew professional bloggers had to work Sundays.

Fashion Blog Diary 178

By midday, we got hungry and headed to Fifth Ave. To feast. On fashion.

16

Louis Vuitton hatchlings

15

Bergdorf's windows

photo

Valentino bows

1

DVF clutches

13

Missoni coverups

3

Margiela phantom of the operas

2

Prada polka dots

6

Prada stripes and fruits

4

Prada kisses and hearts

5

My favorite Marc Jacobs flower explosion of a belt

7

More ladylike Marc

8

THE ULTIMATE MARC LADY

9

All things Eddie Borgo that I neeeeeed

11

Burberry studs

10

Alexander Wang heaven

12

Marc mice

14

There's a great line in the Bill Cunningham documentary, where someone urges him to eat and Bill joyfully responds, "I eat with my eyes." Which I looooved. Because I can relate.

But sadly I also eat with my mouth. Preferrably at Bergdorf's. For brunch. 

Fashion Blog Diary 173

Jean Bean had the lobster bisque

Fashion Blog Diary 174

And I inhaled the deviled eggs.

Fashion Blog Diary 175

AND some gelato.

Fashion Blog Diary 176

Then we headed to The Met, strolled back through the park and ended up at Lincoln Center, where Jean Bean regailed me with tales of this past Fashion Week. Yum.

Fashion Blog Diary 179

Then she took me to the Empire Hotel. Which I didn't know actually existed. I thought it only existed in the world of "S"'s and "B"'s

Fashion Blog Diary 181

But apparently it's real and serves cute Gossip Girl inspired drinks. I would have ordered the "I am Chuck Bass" but ahem, $15??? No thanks.

Fashion Blog Diary 180

Perfect "I'm Blair Waldorf" day.

The Outfit
H&M top, Forever 21 skirt and ring, Zara blazer, Tahari coat, Louis Vuitton tote, BCBG boots, Wolford tights, Fashion District necklace and cuff, Karen Walker sunglasses. Chanel earrings

Fashion Blog Diary 177

The Grade
B
The Commentary
So I knew for most of my trip the weather in NYC was going to hover at about 45 during the day. Nightmare for an Angeleno. But I refused to spend 10 days in pants so I brought a few pairs of black tights to pair with a few different skirts

5511710022_e514473f83_b

The faux leather kept me surprisingly warm.

Anouk

But in the end the coat made all the difference.
099

Love love love the ruffles around the collar.

Giovanna-Battaglia-768x1024

Matched the ruffles of my skirt purrfectly.

Fashion Blog Diary 184

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin