Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Giambattista Valli for Macy's

The Scene

For Thanksgiving, I whisked my tallest best friend and my shortest one away for the weekend.

dianne molina photos 024

We spent three perfectly relaxing days at the absolutely goregeous Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.

dianne molina photos 005

Easily my best Turkey Day yet.

dianne molina photos 042

Endlessly thankful this holiday season for our family of three.
dianne molina photos 025

The Outfit
Giambattista Valli for Macy's dress
Tahari coat

The AccessoriesWolford tights
Chanel bag
Tory Burch booties

The Grade
B

dianne molina photos 043



The Commentary

This lewk on Emma Stone is easily one of my favorites of the year. Giambattista Valli. Known for very feminine designs: ruffles, bold colors and shapes, and loads of leopard. Valli is a cross between Lanvin and Valentino with a dash of Dolce thrown into the mix.

Emma-Stone-poses-in-Giambattista-Valli-red-top-dress-and-fuchsia-skirt-at-the-NYC-premiere

So I was thrilled when I heard the house was collaborating with Macy's for a diffusion line.

Giambattista-Valli-for-Macys-11

When I actually saw the designs, I was a little less enthused.
giambattista-valli-for-impulse-only-at-macys-1

Me thinks the delicious volume of Valli designs is hard to translate when mass produced.
giambattista-valli-for-impulse-only-at-macys-2

Or maybe it's just---sigh!---my hips. I bought and returned this delish skirt. It was one of the more luxe looking pieces.  Works beautifully on a size 0 model but on my size 8 ass it looked like I was giving birth to a Rose Parade float.

GetInline-3

Loved all the glorious leopard prints...at first glance. But on closer inspection, they didn't look quite so right. Leopard on not so fine fabrics is tough to nail. 
giambattista-valli-for-impulse-only-at-macys-4

Still, I nabbed this leopard shift dress online and kept it. Like the 60s vibe of the color blocking, dropped waist and short hemline. The leopards aren't ideal but they'll do for the price.


dianne molina photos 044

We can't all be Diane Kruger and rock the actual Valli dress from a few seasons ago (that's the designer himself with Diane!)

diane-kruger-sidaction-gala-dinner-giambattista-valli-05


Ugh. Adore me the idea of luxe leopard on luxe leopard. One day, one day.
leopardsergiorossi6

Ultimately the diffusion look worked perfectly for a chilly night of holiday pigging. Though I wish I had done more pops of red to be more festive. Def a red lip to pick up the accent color of the dress.

dianne molina photos 046

Next time red tassle earrings and lips---maybe for NYE ;)
6429272279_828739f7cc_z



The Giambattista Valli Inspiration



00580h

jennifer-lopez-giambattista-valli-ama


00540h


bianca-brandolini-in-giambattista-valli-couture


giambattista-valli-spring-2011-rtw-black-and-leopard-print-dress-mobile-wallpaper


designer2_giambattista_atl_92011_0




21513_OliviaPalermo_TheCinemaSocietyScreeningofHenrysCrimeinNYCApril42011_By_oTTo3_122_167lo


55pg_GiambatistaValli
Giambattista-Valli




00700h


00670h

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin