Monday, February 21, 2011

Fall 2011: How to Wear a Long Skirt

Fashion Diary 068

The Outfit
H&M turtleneck
BCBG leather jacket
Rachel Pally long skirt

The Accessories
Foley Corinna purse
Burgundy scarf
Chanel earrings
STEVEN boots
Wolford tights

The Grade
B-

The Commentary
Felt straight out of the 90s today in my long floral skirt, leather jacket and boots. You know you're old when you wore a trend the first time...in your teens. Sigh.  

Fashion Diary 073

I've been loving the languid ease of long skirts on hot fashion chicks for months. Been acclimating to the look of longer proportions, the best ways to style them for different body types.

And yet I'm still not so sure that I am WERQ-ing them properly. F. Never quite sure what I wear on top works or if the shoes I pick work best. Ugh. Hate being fashion illiterate on any level.

And if the degree of diffuculty is high for me, I can only imagine how most women are struggling with long hemlines. No wonder my top visited post lately is How to Wear a Maxi Skirt. (Btw, I currently rank number one on the Google for those key words. That makes this nerd v. happy. Me-ow!)

Fashion Diary 072

My best advice is the same thing I say about fashion in general. Experiment. Play. Take risks. Make mistakes. After all, long skirts aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They were all over my favorite Fall 2011 runways at NYFW. And it was THE length to rock by fashion week goers.
Fashion Diary 074

Oh and a solid color is probably easiest to figure out. That's exactly why I got a print. I am nothing if not up for a challenge ;)

HBZ-street-style-0215-3-de

Maybe sequins next.

The Inspiration

HBZ-street-style-0212-11-de

petersom3

Peter Som Fall 2011

MG_1495

jasonwu10

Jason Wu Fall 2011

streetstyle6010

jasonwu9

Jason Wu Fall 2011

tumblr_lgiqksERDw1qg6lfjo1_500

jasonwu8

Jason Wu Fall 2011

MG_1309
prabal3

Prabal Gurung Fall 2011

51033PCN_RachelB

milly4

Milly Fall 2011

OliviaPalermo-TibiBackstage-6

rachelroy3

Rachel Roy Fall 2011

DSC_0109

dvf7

Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 2011

Shakuhachi-Lkbk-SS2010_11-51-copy1

HBZ-street-style-0212-19-de

5452097484_d3359c1762_o

HBZ-street-style-0216-25-de

long skirtparis-fwaw2011-

maxi-dress-trend-2011

2 comments:

perfumeorpoison said...

i think you looked great and pulled this look off perfectly. just wish you put a pic of your boots. were they flat or heels? and i adore your inspiration pics. :) too bad i don't own any winterish maxi skirts.

kiran said...

i still have a box of long floral skirts from the 90s that i refuse to part with, your post just inspired me to pull them out and try to work them with my new tory burch purple leather jacket that i'm dying for warm enough weather in ny to wear! as always, thanks love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin