Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall 2010 Trend: How to Wear Camel

Nearly five years ago I found the holy grail of coats while thrifting. I couldn't believe my luck. It was in pristine condition, slim cut, an ideal length, a cashmere blend and CAMEL. 

I couldn't believe someone had let go of such a classic wardrobe staple. 
And I REALLY couldn't believe the price: $40.
I was smitten.

pics 644

That was right around the same time that I befriended a guy at work who was pretty and funny and a rocket scientist.  When I met his girlfriend who was even prettier, funnier and smarter, I went completely gaga. Forget the holy grail of camel coats, I'd found the holy grail of couples ;)

pics 664
Fast forward to October 2010 and I had the honor of watching two of the loveliest people I know become Mr. and Mrs. Golden.  The wedding was exquisite, on a gorgeous day, against the stunning backdrop of California wine country. Perfection.

pics 511

pics 591

pics 613


The reception was outside and went late into the drunken evening.  And as a lady of a certain age, I had some trouble, um, regulating my body temperature.   

pics 516

Enter my camel coat to the rescue.


untitled

I'd basically whip the coat off for pictures or dance parties and then snuggle back into it whenever I could.

73490_444869847252_604902252_5361694_891561_n


pics 846

pics 873

pics 800

pics 884

pics 844

pics 770



pics 876

pics 699


I convinced myself I didn't look like a fuddy duddy geriatric
because camel coats are one of the hottest fall 2010 trends.
So there hot young chicks who never had to put on a coat.

camelcoat


151831_980


Copy of IMG_3175ASEj


156383_980


150938_980
154524_980

Elinor023-500x753


15i9q13

150317_980

The only snug as a bug in a rug option that might have been fiercer
would've been a camel CAPE. Ugh.  I need.

154569_980
IMG_1067-2


zaraoctoberlookbook_becauseimaddicted2



A2865304731478987_8




Copy of IMG_3356ASEj

IMG_1523ASEj

Also on the Diabolina wish list: those red and camel Valentinos.

151787_980

An old, cold lady can dream can't she?

pics 886

9 comments:

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

Love it! Anddddd, you look so sexy in the shadowy photo!

adeleno5 said...

I have this deep-seated issue with camel coats, because my older sister had one that she outgrew immediately and my mother would force me to try it on every year and I lived in fear of the winter that it finally fit me...why? I have no idea, some sort of fear of being forced to look like my preppie sister? ANYWAY, your smashing coat paired with green and leopard? Amazing. Almost amazing enough to make me miss that dreaded camel coat.

Da Fashionista said...

adleleno5, I LOVE that story. Our childhood relationship to clothes fascinates me---how it shapes our style and our personalities. love love love.

Ashley said...

OK, love the camel coat but I am DYING over your leopard heels and green clutch. What a combo! Can you share the details? Thanks!

Cee said...

Did you see the Chloe Fall 2010. It's all camel and luxurious like Team Luxe's collection.

Just bought a cashmere camel sweater. If only this 90 degree temp would go away so I can start wearing it.

BTW, I love the Tucker for Target blouse. I wish I had bought more.

Da Fashionista said...

Ashley, The clutch is Stella McCartney and the heels are Dolce and Gabanna. Dress is Givenchy. p.s. I swear I'm not a label whore ;)

Anonymous said...

You're looking fab! I want to see more of that green dress, it looks awesome! Great shoes.
I heart camel and I always wear it when given the choice--trend or not. I just picked up a really nice camel coat from the Gap of all places!

Jean Bean said...

I lurve the over-the-shoulder photo!

And I will never be truly happy until I have the camel coat from Love Story.

InnyVinny said...

What a lovely story. Kinda stoked that the last name is Golden. =D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin