Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Scene

Back to Aroma today for brunch. Today we started with the most delectable eggplant I have ever eaten. And I am a SERIOUS eggplant addict. The minute I tasted it I knew I'd be craving this dish all the time now. That's when a pig knows something is gooood.









Then I woolfed down Salmon Filled Phyllo Dough with veggies and mashed potatoes.



My mom had the trout with caramelized pecan noodles and vegetables.










Went from devouring food to devouring designer shoes in the afternoon.





These Elizabeth and James shoes looked as good as the eggplant tasted.








Today we were technically shopping for my birthday present. My mom's been asking me what I want for weeks. And for some reason I just haven't been into it. Have actually felt guilty at the thought of her spending money on me. On frivolous things I don't need.





But today she forced the issue and said she wanted to get me the Louboutins I've been crowing about for months.


But when it came down to shelling out $800 for a pair of shoes I just couldn't do it. The resale shopper in me was aghast. So instead we hit the sales racks at Saks. Got FOUR pairs of ridiculously fun shoes for MUCH LESS than one pair of Louboutins.









I know the Louies that are destined to be mine are out there. Waiting for me. And they will be on sale when I find them.















The Outfit
3.1 Phillip Lim tank
H&M shorts

The Accessories
Me&Ro necklace
Forever 21 bracelet
YSL bag
Fashion District gladiators

The Grade
A












The Commentary




With thoughts of fashionistas on the beach running through my head this morning




I decided to build the outfit around these shoes.















Plucked out the shorts for a hot child in the city look.




And the tank because I want to wear it every day. Plus it matches my nails.













Felt very Gossip Girl as my mom and I made our way down the Wilshire corridor of high end stores.




















Tres 90210.


























Except, well, rounder.


























Dug out my YSL bag to change things up a bit. It was a resale purchase from nearly five years ago. Paid less than $200 for it.





Another reminder that smart recessionistas don't have to pay full price for fabulousity.














3 comments:

Milly said...

Love the top and flats

Fabulosity said...

Can't wait to see you debut all of them!

amber said...

What a cute outfit! Perfect for high-end shopping. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin