Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Scene
Bad day. Sad day.

Felt lost in fog of purposelessness all day. Spent most of the evening trying to do something about it - plan my next move, define my options, start to affect change. Sigh.

Feel like I'm drowning lately. Doing everything I can to get back to the surface where I can breathe.


The Outfit
Forever 21 knit wrap sweater
Banana Republic tank
Theory chocolate slacks

The Accessories
Me&Ro necklance
Forever 21 bangles
Goody headband
Marc by Marc Jacobs zipper earrings
Marni sandals

The Grade
B



The Commentary





Still thinking about Missoni chicness at The Roboto wedding last Saturday.












I found this spring's Missoni collection a bit meh.






The palette was much too muted for my taste.












Prefer my bolder zigzag today.










Would work perfectly with the Marc Jacobs bags I am currently stalking. ADORE everything about them - the color combos, the hardware, the quilting. The only bummer: a $4k price tag!















Today's sweater also reminded me of new knitwear I am coveting






The one, the only, Rodarte.












Been drooling over how fashionistas have been styling this Rodarte sweater.





It is THE perfect transitional weather piece.













The fashion blogosphere has been atwitter with this Topshop version of the sweater.










And with bloggers distressing their own knits for just the right cheap chic Rodarte effect.







Thinking I am going to add distressing knits to my list of projects this summer. Only problem? I'm not craftsy. At all.

But I am crafty and distressing is all about creating imperfection so maybe I'll actually be really good at it. So good I could open an etsy store like these Rodarte fans.



Maybe I'll add some Philip Lim inspired bib necklaces too.



And maybe some Blair inspired headbands.






Maybe my store will get so popular I never have to go into an office again and instead I could write and create and breathe all day, every day.


And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt too ;)

6 comments:

weezermonkey said...

You never know unless you try! :)

WendyB said...

Am I the only one who looks at artfully distressed sweaters and thinks, "That whole thing is going to unravel"?

JCH said...

Do it! I know you can!!

Unknown said...

lol to the last part. BIG SIGH* I hear ya. Thanks for the comment and link. It's true that control and even reality is an illusion but sometimes there are just so many things overlapping that you feel a sense of helplessness. ...blech. I hope you feel better soon ...I hope we both do :)

Michelle said...

I say, just do it. Whatever *it* is, you'll be more upset if you don't take a chance. I took a chance at this job that was in line with my major and....well, I hate it. Kinda sucking the life out of me. But I now know what I want. And now I'm working towards that.

Be thankful you're in managerial econ right now! It makes life so much more complicated. Ugh.

amber said...

Do it! Do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin