Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Missing the blog and NYC bound

First of all, I have to say I miss all of you. I miss keeping up with your blogs and I miss my daily blog posts.  I miss sharing my banana musings and adventures and meals and outfits.

I have so much to tell you about weddings and Oscar parties and books and TV shows and scotch tastings and jean straps and drag queens.  And of course, there are all the new funny schemes I've got cooking and fashion trends I am loving and the 101 funny things my mom's said in the last 30 days and the biiig changes Mr. Diabolina has been pondering lately.


Sadly however I've gotten out of practice.  Life has just filled in the space I once carved out for the blog and suddenly there's been less blog, more living.  And I must confess that after nearly two years of writing daily, sometimes just curling up in a ball and NOT blogging is what feels right most nights.

A reader recently shared she finds the new format "tiring"  and I appreciate her feedback.  In fact I completely understand.  After all, I'm usually pretty fucking tired when I get around to blogging lately so of course that comes across in the quality of what I'm creating. Sigh.  I keep waiting for inspiration to strike and to find the new format that feels manageable and inspiring but I got nothing so far. 

For now I just wanted to do what I do best and be honest and share what I'm thinking.  I also wanted to let you know I am heading to NYC tomorrow!!!  For a little consulting gig that I was approached about last month.  Could be the first in a series of stylish projects that might just add up to a whole new fashionable phase of my career. Fingers and toes crossed.

I'm excited and nervous about the road ahead.  And the fact that it isn't quite clear or defined for once feels thrilling not terrifying.

Same goes for the blog.

Hope you'll stick with me as I figure all this out. 


In the meantime, here's a smattering of the looks I'll be channeling while I'm in NYC.  Thinking tons of black, snoods, tights, boots, layers, fierce jewelry and bold makeup.

And most importantly, expandable waist lines.  I've requested that after my big meeting on Thursday, Jean Bean and Peaches spend the rest of the weekend feeding me. And those two pigs always oblige their visiting favorite porker ;)

See all our previous NYC adventures to tide you over until I return: here here here here here here here here here here here here here here and here.




















































































































































































































13 comments:

Brandy Shaloo said...

really cool looks, like them. thx for sharing

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I'll be here no matter what, blog or no blog. Of course I miss your voice online, both on your blog and mine, but you absolutely has to do what feels right.

Have a blast in NYC and when you get back, I look forward to having drinks! *kiss*

xoxo
Natalie

Artsy Fartsy said...

I was just poking around your blog, thinking...we need a post from D, and then 'poof' here you are!

Don't sweat the blog, babe. Sometimes, blogging is fun and easy and you have a million ideas. Other times, not so much.

You are fun to read, and I enjoy your musings and starlet antics. Keep it up (but only when you feel like it)!

Kiss kiss,
AFS

Kimberly said...

NYC sounds like a fantastic trip - I hope it goes well and leads to other exciting things. As for the blog, I enjoy reading it and taking whatever trip it may take with you.

Katie said...

Blogging should be fun. As life progresses and evolves, it's only natural that would extend to your blog as well. You'll find your way :)

adeleno5 said...

I miss your blog posts, but I'm thrilled to hear that your life is going well. I would LOVE to see what looks you cook up in NYC (hint, hint) because dressing fabulously through this disgusting winter has been a challenge for those of us on the East Coast. A shoe-ruining, ankle-twisting, challenge.

Anonymous said...

AGH, it ate my first comment...
Best of luck in NYC, hope great things come of it for you! If taking a break from blogging feels right to you now, I respect that 1 million percent. But I always look forward to your posts :)

Kanishka said...

I love you even more your graceful response on the Nest and I hope you find a format that works for you. I always loved the old format and while I miss the daily outfit recaps I still like the new format. I wish there was more of you b/c you are definitely one of my fave bloggers.

Have a fab time in NY!

WendyB said...

Holla at me if you have any free time in NYC.

Kate said...

Giiiirl, you know I feel you. Good luck in NYC, hope it goes super well. Have fun!

fshnonmymind said...

Good luck with your presentation and have a fabulous time in NYC!!!!!
You still have a faithful blog reader in me :).

my name's Morgan. said...

I love those looks...especially the first one...such a beautiful coat.
-Morgan
www.catch13.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i genuinely adore all your posting taste, very remarkable,
don't give up and also keep posting for the simple reason that it simply just very well worth to read it,
impatient to looked over alot more of your own article content, have a good one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin