Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Scene
Two things got me through the day today.


First Jean Bean sent this stunning video of Elizabeth Gilbert at TED ruminating on the nature of inspiration and genius and being a writer.


And then Peach tweeted about this lovely piece Molly Ringwald wrote for the NYTimes about her complicated relationship with mentor John Hughes.



Both so intimate. So genuine. So affecting.

It's comforting to confirm - for the billionth time - that many of the core issues I struggle with are ones felt by other writers and storytellers and creators. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that so often gifts come with accompanying curses. It's just the ying and yang of existence, of the Universe, of being.

In my case, the ability to write and connect and heal comes with an inordinate sensitivity, insecurity and vulnerability. It all feels like it's coming to a head though. Like there's a moment approaching when all the puzzle pieces fall into place, when I see the path clearly delineated in front of me, when I find purpose.

At least that's what I hope.



The Outfit
Forever 21 top
Banana Republic cardigan
Rich and Skinny jeans

The Accessories
Bloomie's headband
Fashion District bangles
Marc Jacobs purse
Stuart Weitzman gladiators

The Grade
Pass






The Commentary

Taking the day off tomorrow so decided to make it a casual Friday a day early.
























Love love loving skinny jeans right now - especially with a blazer






















You can dress them down for summer with a t-shirt and flats



























Or add a layer and some height as the weather begins to turn


























Only thing better than skinny jeans: distressed skinnies (that sounds like a hipster girl band - ha!)





















I'm pretty over the rolled up boyfriend jeans.























Soooooo last summer for me ;)






























Though it is such a hot way to show off fierce shoes....
































Have been tempted to try the new Gap 1969 jeans. But I think I want Anja's legs more than I want the overly hyped jeans.
















What I am fiending for are well priced sheer drapey tanks. Want to get into layering soon. Can't believe Fall is nearly upon us.






























Pretty blah outfit for a blah day. But I think any outfit with a Marc bag and gladiators deserves a pass. Kiss.
















5 comments:

tam pham said...

i love sheer tanks from F21! so cheap, so amazing.

Sable Crow said...

Kiss!
Sable

amber said...

Your "blah" days are my "yay" days. ;)

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

Well your blah is my inspiration. Love it all and am going to use it to form my outfit for today. Thanks!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

I FULLY agree about the skinnies from gap and just wanting the legs. I'm 5'2'' and it's the curse of my life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin