Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Scene
A clear sign that the Apocalypse is near: today Snuggie had a runway show at NY Fashion Week.

















Not only did they show animal print Snuggies





















They showed animals in Snuggies.



























And just when I thought I had seen it all, I peeped this USC Snuggie. That's when I realized Snuggies at NYFW don't equal the end of days. They might just be the second coming.

Say it with me: Best. Stocking. Stuffer. EVER ;)

































The Outfit
Fashion District top
Yves Saint Laurent lace bolero
Laundry skirt

The Accessories
RayBans
Chanel earrings and bag
Manolo Blahnik heels

The Grade
B-
















The Commentary
STILL obsessed with all things Fashion Week.



































































































































So I donned a short-ish black skirt




























































































































A little black jacket




























































And to keep the look from being too severe, I added a dash of frou frou



























































































More specifically flowery, ruffly, girly frou frou.
































According to the Gospel of Marc, you better get ready for head to toe frou frou next Spring.




























































































































Looks like Marc might be tired of the edgy, tough, Alexander Wang moment fashion has been having for a few seasons.
























































































































































My favorite pieces: the tailored blazers with exquisite ruffles. The very definition of feminine and masculine balance.



















































































































































God I love that mad mad man.




4 comments:

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

Your breakdown of fashion week is the best so far and you weren't even there!

Rosemary Brennan said...

B-?! No way, it's totally an A+. And this Snuggie business is madness. I'd heard about their show during fashion week and kept hoping it was just a rumor taken too far. Though, I've got to admit, seeing models look super serious in something that's pretty much a backwards robe is kinda funny.

JillFantastic said...

I'm actually looking forward to cooler weather so I can bust out my Snuggie. I'm a little jealous mine isn't leopard print though. LOVE that they had a fashion show!

amber said...

I still don't get the appeal of the Snuggie. Or the Slanket. :/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin