Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Scene
Haven't seen Little Miss MBA since late summer. She's been swamped with her first quarter of business school - grueling Econ classes and all night happy hours and meeting the President of PepsiCo, you know :)


Tonight we met up at 8 Oz. Burger (formerly Table 8) and caught up. Over amazing burgers and onion rings, she told me how humbling it's been to take classes alongside students who have taught at Harvard. How exhilirating it's been to learn about fashion industry jobs she never even knew existed.

She told me how tiring it's been keeping up with 26 year olds. And how rewarding it's been opening herself up to new people she'd likely never befriend in another setting. Adore. Every last nerdy bit of it. Nothing like learning and personal growth. I miss school.




We also chatted about how the editorial world she left behind is imploding and how impeccably timed her decision was to go back to school. Gawd, she's my hero. When something isn't working for her, she always finds something that does. There are few people I look up to and this little miss is definitely one of them.





She also keeps me looking down...down at her shoes. Tonight she was wearing ahMAzing Siergson Morrison for Target booties.


I got so excited that I only managed to take this blurry picture. F!!! No MBA for me.







When I got home tonight Mr. Diabolina had a surprise laid out for me. After months of cajoling him to get rid of his thrashed $30 Gap jeans and invest in a pair of "good" jeans, today he finally listened! Got TWO pairs randomly today. YAYAYAY!




A dark pair of Seven's that is more "slim fit for going out."



And a looser pair of Citizens of Humanity for boying around town






He tried them on for me and they were perfect. I was dumbfounded. My baby's all growns up ;)



The Outfit
H&M sleeveless turtleneck
Madewell jeans
Image wrap sweater

The Accessories
Forever 21 ring and belt
Steve Madden boots
Marc Jacobs purse and earrings

The Grade
B+

The Commentary
Built the outfit around the belt today. $10 at Forever 21. Decided to tie in the Marc bag and earrings too. Knew Little Miss MBA would appreciate them. And she did. Within 5 minutes of sitting down she zeroed in on the earrings and said she loved them. I LOVE her loving them!




Starting to seriously regret not getting those boots at Nordie's a few weeks ago. Would have gone perfectly with the belt and my bag. Love this color with black. Such a richie rich statement.



Here are some other big statement HIGH fashion boots that have been catching my eye:





































Alas I think my cheapie Steve Madden's are more floopy pirate messes like these than fierce avant garde slouchies. WAH!


5 comments:

weezermonkey said...

My stodgy fashion sensibility and I are consistently puzzled by this bootie phenomenon, but we do like those Sigerson Morrisons. Thumbs up!

Further thumbs up for Mr. D's new jeans. I don't see Mr. Monkey ever being converted. :P

Sable Crow said...

Yay to Mr. D on jeans! Well chosen.

Victoria said...

great combo: burgers + ginny!

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

Save up and get the MMM boots. They are soo hot! Thanks for all the love recently. I hope you and your mom are doing well.

And I loved what you wearing. You looked European Fashion Editor Smoking Hot!

WendyB said...

Aw, MrD is getting all fashion-y!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin