Monday, May 26, 2008

The Scene
Woke up with a rat's nest on my head. Ugh. Kinda looked like this SATC poster. Except not remotely poster worthy. F to my curly parents.

Despite the follicle fiasco, enjoy a lovely leisurely breakfast with my love before taking him to behold the spectacle that is the new Americana at Brand shopping experience.

He allowed me to pop into the heavenly sprawling Forever 21 store for a quick hello. Knew not to press my luck and think I could shop. Mr. Diabolina rarely indulges me with shopping tolerance. We are talking twice a year - tops!

So I just did a quick as a bunny visual scan of the two glorious floors.


Saw lots of frilly tops that looked promising. Remembered I had just read that ruffly blouses are going to be big this fall. Get yours now :)





Ironically, while I wasn't looking, Mr. Diabolina found some preppy $22 shorts in the boys' Heritage department.


Snapped em up without even trying them on. Humph! How did that happen?? How did HE end up carrying the signature yellow bag out the door????



Relax at home all afternoon and enjoy a lovely dinner with Sable Crow at the Chateau.




Perfect end to a perfectly long weekend.






The Outfit
Forever 21 knit sweater
Proenza Schouler for Target tank
Target skinny jeans

The Accessories
Lucite bangles
Chanel necklace
London Soul flats
Louis Vuitton Speedy
Faux diamond studs

The Grade
P


The Commentary
Woke up feeling blah today. It was partly the weather and partly the fro. Gravitated to this cozy sweater and the headband to address each issue, respectively.

Decided to attempt a monochromatic grey look like the one I threw together back in February. Mr. Diabolina said I must be dressing to reflect the grey skies, that the outfit embodied the bleak uninspiring weather. He is getting good.

Love the Chanel necklace with this little PS top. Very feminine. It's a great top because it mixes equally well with casual or work looks. It was my sole PS for Target purchase, much to my dismay.


Unfortunately, my top does not scream signature Proenza Schouler like, say, a bustier inspired tank does. But the Tar-jay "bustier" just didn't work for me.

Didn't feel like it was worth the $40 price tag with it's cheapy satin sheen. And, well, the rest of the collection felt too East Coast for me, too costumey preppy. I didn't really get it. It just left me cold.

Still love the PS boys tho. So hot, so young, so very American sportswear. Can't remotely afford their stuff but working on it ;)


Their Crayola-like Fall 2008 collection was one of the few that made me giddy this season. Love the use of clashing colors to create a strong yet still very feminine statement.




Two of my fave fashionistas Gwyneth Paltrow and Carrie Bradshaw recently stepped out in Proenza Schouler looks.



Love how their clothes are so distinctly womanly, somehow modern and retro at the same time. They have a pretty strength that appeals to the wild-haired Amazon in me :)

2 comments:

tam pham said...

i'm almost too ashamed to admit that i do not own a single "____ for Target" piece. how is that possible??!! i fully believe that Target hates my body so therefore nothing they make will ever fit me.

bf does't tolerate my shopping either. luckily, i can just shop during the day when he's at work!

weezermonkey said...

What is a grade of P? Pass?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin