Friday, August 5, 2011

What I Wore for My Birthday Dinner at Picca: H&M Midi Skirt

The Scene
For the first time in about 10 years I didn't throw a party for my birthday. All I wanted was a delicious dinner with my two delicious favorites. And that's exactly what I got at Picca, a hot new Peruvian place in Beverly Hills that you HAVE TO try.

fashion blog 2925

The trio of beef, chcken and eggplant empanadas with the tastiest salsas

fashion blog 2910

Spicy yellowtail and snow crab

fashion blog 2911

Papa rellena


fashion blog 2912

Ceviche


fashion blog 2913

Beef filet with sea urchin butter
fashion blog 2914

THE MOST INSANELY GOOD black cod with sweet potato
fashion blog 2915


Crispy pork rib crostini, sweet potato puree, goat cheese sauce and salsa
fashion blog 2916

Alitas de pollo

fashion blog 2917

A terribly photographed but delicious tres leches cake
fashion blog 2918


And because my MOTHER was still hungry, churros. Sinful, stuffed churros that ooze when you bite into them, after you've dipped them in sauces.


fashion blog 2921

Our big joke is that when a dish is good my mom, ever the competitive chef,  puts on her glasses to inspect the ingredients. She kept those suckers on the entire time at Picca.


fashion blog 2919

And Mr. D who doesn't like to eat (sigh) gobbled everything up.


fashion blog 2920

Perfect night laughing and eating and turning one year wiser. 

fashion blog 2928


The Outfit
Forever 21 top
H&M midi skirt

The Accessories
Louis Vuitton earrings and neverfull tote
Manolo Blahnik heels
Forever 21 belt
Me&Ro necklace

The Grade
B

fashion blog 2904

The Commentary
Dressed for my beautiful mama tonight. To honor all the pain and suffering she endured 34 years ago, passing an 8 lb bowling ball out of her little body.

fashion blog 2926

Went girly and frilly and pretty with the midi skirt. I adore it.  The color and the twirliness...even though it is probably the least flattering thing I own across my own ever expanding, perfect for child bearing hips. Sigh. The belt helped by creating a focal point and the shoes were a nice distraction, drawing the eye to the thinnest part of my body.

 
fashion blog 2906

Not my favorite birthday look since I started blogging: that award goes to my Madonna Masquerade look.
The Olympics start the day before my birthday next year so that's going to be the theme.  Get your singlets and track shoes ready.
The Inspiration

img_6316_jpg_1310054553


5_jpg_1310309826

SPL293201_001


leona-lewis-Tata-Naka


64312615

img_6183_jpg_1310054532


New Picture (13)


blog-110801H9_HUNTINGTON_B-GR_07

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so beautiful! Happy Bday!

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

Feliz Cumpleanos! Cumpleanos Feliz! This meal looks muy delicioso, I cannot wait to go.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin