Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to Mix Prints: What to Wear to Olio Pizzeria

The Scene

The Peeper and I fell in love when we worked together five years ago.

fashion blog 101

Our boys began their own lawyer-meets-doctor love affair not soon thereafter.

fashion blog 100


 Mr. D and I were pretty heartbroken when one of our favorite couples moved to Santa Barbara two years ago.


fashion blog 104

But at least, now we have an excuse to go up to one of our favorite places on earth more often. This trip we stayed at the Fess Parker by the beach and hogged at Olio Pizzeria.


fashion blog 107


The Food

bruschetta di nduja: creamy, spicy calabrian salami / crostini
fashion blog 095

polpettine della nonna: baked meat balls

fashion blog 096


asparagus con prosciutto: grilled asparagus / soft poached
egg / crumbled prosciutto / gorgonzola

fashion blog 097

paesana: mozzarella / sautéed rapini / sausage /cherry tomatoes
fashion blog 098

umbra: robiola cheese / crimini mushrooms / umbrian black truffles

fashion blog 099

panna cotta alla nocciola: house made chocolate-hazelnut panna cotta
and some peaches deliciousness
fashion blog 103


It all tasted even fucking better than it looks.
Go.
Now.


The Outfit
Zara blazer
Forever 21 tank
Ann Taylor shorts

The Accessories
H&M sandals
Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch and sunglasses
Assorted bangles

The Grade
A

fashion blog 093

The Commentary

Pulled together this mixed prints outfit as an ode to all the gorgeousness that is Santa Barbara. Knew the colorful print of the tank would work well with the geometric shapes of the shorts. Mixed together the prints remind me of this season's prints at DVF which she mixed so artfully. The bold accessories really pull the whole things together. These new $24 sandals are my favorite thing on earth.

fashion blog 105

The blazer sophisticates everything up and also provides much needed coverage for my piggie arms. One of my favorite looks so far this summer. What do you think?


The Inspiration

Picnik collage

tumblr_liye81YySb1qgfyjeo1_500

144m

103534_1287432735_480x

Dries Van Noten print pants

mixed-prints-trend-5

mixed-prints-trend-3

untitled

Peter Som Spring 2011 RTW

0924prada-spring-2011-bananas_fa

lookbook_10

Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 8_06_33 AM

8 comments:

ShoeZQ said...

Gorgeous! And may I say that your hair looks amazing.

Rachee said...

<3! You look fabulous! Sigh, I miss my collegiate stomping grounds.

adeleno5 said...

Love the exuberance of this outfit, and I second ShoeZQ's comment - your hair looks lovely. I may have to venture out to the messy, understocked H&M in my area to look for those fab shoes.

fshnonmymind said...

Why must you always tease me with that MJ clutch??!! I so wish I had snagged one a few years ago when it was out. I still love it...sigh.

You look fab in your mixed prints!! I'm still trying to work my way into that trend.

La Belle Fabuleux said...

Love those sandals and MBMJ clutch!

Belle

Discovery said...

Love the outfit, thought I'm still *extremely* fearful of mixing prints. That gigantic clutch you've got is beautiful!

Katie Mac said...

Love the mix prints. It's a outfit that says "look at me, I'm Fabulous!"

lookrichbitch said...

i need those shorts! i need friends in santa barbara too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin