Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Best Dressed of 2010: Carey Mulligan

Lots of Best Dressed of 2010 lists floating around last week---namely one from Vogue and another from Teen Vogue. All the usual suspects: Sienna Miller, Kate Bosworth, and Alexa Chung. Snooze.

Alexa-Chung-crop


But one newcomer gets my vote hands down: Carey Mulligan.

carey-cover


Carey's style feels refreshing to me precisely because it's not so much trendy/disposable as high fashion/timeless.

bfi never let me go photocall 131010

carey-mulligan-vionnet

It's very retro and ladylike with just the right dash of age appropriate quirk.

62331213

mulligan-vionnet


Loooooove all the longer hem lengths and higher necklines. The exact opposite of typical starlet T&A hoochie mamas (Blake Lively, I'm looking at you...and your ever on display twins.)



1



mulligan


Her sweetly sexy style reminds me of Mia Farrow. She's also got a Sofia Coppola vibe if Sofia were blond and British. 

carey-mulligan-Bottega-Veneta
mulligan-jacobs


Actually Carey is a bit like a young Anna. Expect with dimples. From, you know, actually smiling.


70613EX_WINTOUR_B-GR_01


So who gets your best dressed of the year?
And don't cheat you can only choose one, you cheaters.

6 comments:

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I saw Carey a few weeks ago at a Never Let Me Go screening and she was adorable! She has great style and feels so authentic.

As for my choice? Hmmmm. I've got to really think about that.

Rosemary Brennan said...

I love Carey--can't wait to see her play Daisy in Great Gatsby. Hmm, hard to pick just one for best dressed... I do love Anne Hathaway's style!

Shannon said...

as usual, you are spot on in your fashion choices, diabolina! i too vote for carey, she's adorable and i'd love to know who her stylist is. my vote for 2nd place would probably be drew barrymore. i know, i know...she looks a hot drunk/stoned/slacker mess sometimes, but i feel like she really amped it up this year at premieres and appearances. STAMP. i own my choice, haters gonna hate!

Kyle said...

I love Leighton Meester's style. She wins in my book!

I like Carey's style, but it feels too safe for my liking. That being said, I think she's staying true to herself, which is cool. It's just a little boring for me.

Da Fashionista said...

Rosemary, totes agree! Anne in that white fitted dress recently=perfection. And Shannon, yes, yes, yes: Drew can be a hot mess but good lord that sequin top and belted black pants with the perfect beach hair? HEAVEN!

Shannon said...

yes, d, yes! le sigh. hope d.b. continues to impress in 2011!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin