Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fashion Week Style Crush: Alexa Chung

You know those hipsters who refuse to embrace any music that's popular? Well, I'm kinda like that. I refuse to embrace any fashionable hipster that's popular.

highfidelity

So it's taken me a good year to admit to myself that yes, Alexa Chung is kinda amazing.

sp-alexa-chung%5B3%5D

Sure I knew she had that  perfectly tousled, greasy hair twenty somethings die for nowadays.

alexachunganddaisylowe_becauseimaddicted

And those impossibly long legs that all of us would die for any day. 

calvin-klein-alexa-chung

But it wasn't until I lusted for most of her Madewell collection that I admitted to myself: OK OK this British chickie isn't just having a moment. She might actually be a BFD---big FASHION deal.

alexa-chung-madewell-ads-2

Her recent front row fashion show appearances in Europe sealed the deal.

zje9zs


pmaPi-06dc6e11-resize

N286341745955137_3


Her outfits were consistently quirky and easy and pretty and full of personality. They are interesting precisely because they are simple and accessible.  Her look is easy for the average woman to reproduce. Though we have to be honest with ourselves: a young pretty thin thing can make most clothes look amazing.
04_paris2-philoh-14_160041313981

61955329

sxhem0

5062360427_f9c43e8303_b

D286341431957754_7


One of her recent outfits KILLED me. Feminine and sweetly sexy.
On trend yet classic. Head to toe perfection.

153986_565

153996_980

153984_980

153985_980

153995_980

Loved finding this video of Alexa in the TDF look.
Fascinating to glimpse how an It girl manuevers as the fashion world watches. 



You are reminded she's just a girl.  A girl who clearly enjoys fashion, but just a girl.

You are reminded that true style comes from how you carry yourself in the world.

4 comments:

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

You're right, she is pretty great. One of the only people who lives up to the hype. I actually watched her talk show on MTV because she's also quite smart and witty! Double whammy!

Annushka said...

Very Pretty!!!)))
I love this style)))
Beautiful blog;D

Ronida said...

Lol...I feel the same way about Olivia Palermo. I've struggled with not liking her for the longest time since she just seems so vapid, but I'm just so envious of her wardrobe. And her hair. And her super hot boyfriend!

Pixie Feet said...

Love, love, love alexa's two-tone satin beauties! do you know who made those? I want! :)

p.s. i lurve your bloggy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin