Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2010 Trends: Military, belted jackets and satchels

=The military trend that was hot for Spring will stick around for Fall this year...ah-gain

Military-1

The easiest way to incorporate it for me has been wtih my F21 army green jacket.

tr-field-jackets

This summer I've been loving the juxtaposition of pairing it with flirty print dresses

4895270178_6aeee85c8e_z

62110AFloral_4919Web

Picture16-8

Decided to up the ante and add a new thin belt from H&M

all 022

It's a look that's another Fall trend

BELTED-JACKET

Thin belts are such a simple way to update a silhouette or create some contrast

Copy of glamourai_scarfDIY_8w

Copy (3) of 62110GoldBlu_5157Web

Copy of IMG_2259ASEj

Pulled matching sandals and a purse that I stole from my mom's closet last year.

all 023

Have always loved the color of it and am particularly digging how it vibes the satchels from Proenza Schouler and Mulberry. Feel very Alexa Chung every time I wear it.

ps1

4712553773_6459ef4230_b

MdHoAfULqz0VZq2

su-shi1

alexachungbag

mulberry

mulberryalexa

I distinctly remember my mom buying the bag when I was about 11. Right around the time I was wearing little backpacks - a '90s look that is also back and big with the young hipsters now.

celeb-backpacks

Funny how everything cycles back...when you are old enough :)

6 comments:

fshnonmymind said...

Wah!! Why did you have to bombard me with pics of the lovely PS1??? I'm going to go in the corner now and cry because I can't have it. ;)

That F21 army green jacket is the perfect topper for so many things, I'm sure you got your money's worth on that purchase. I bought that jacket too, but sadly lost it. Of course, it is nowhere to be found now.

Da Fashionista said...

There are some great look alikes out there

http://intheircloset.com/proenza-schouler-ps1-large-leather-satchel/

tam pham said...

ugh, i've been drooling over a bright yellow PS1...thanks for adding fuel to my fashion fire :-)! xoxo.

ps. you look so purty in your F21 jacket!

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

I too have gone the way of the military jacket. I'm really digging this look on you, esp. with the belt.

My Dressy Ways said...

I love you and your blog and wish you'd post more! But a girl's gotta have a life I guess. :)

louboutin chaussures said...

après visite sur votre blog, je ne chose que vous êtes totalement un blogueur super haute couture

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin