Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Scene
This was the first weekend in a month that I didn't have an appointment booked with a client. So, I spent the whole day trying to relax and just breathe. In addition to oxygen, I may have, um, sucked down quite a bit of food too.




First at Musso & Frank's for breakfast.



















And then El Chavo for dinner.


















For a non-pig, Mr. D kept up with me pretty well. Was love love loving him until we started watching Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. After about 20 minutes, Mr Diabolina announced he couldn't take it anymore. Whaaaaa?? Now granted the movie isn't a great work of art. And sure it's aimed at teenage girls but it's not THAT bad.


















Ultimately, it came out Mr. D can't stand that Michael Cera. Which I think is hilarious because they are the same person. Me thinks Mr. D just hates that Michael stole his tall skinny white nerd who girls love schtick. Like how I've been known to hate on J Lo. I mean what Latina doesn't have diva tendencies or an ass that could grow to be the size of a house?





















The Outfit

Armani Exchange top
Forever 21 skirt

The Accessories
Raybans
Chanel bag and earrings
Stuart Weitzman shoes



The Grade
Pass



















The Commentary

Woke up with only one thing on the brain: food. Didn't give my outfit a second thought. Just threw on black and white that makes my shoulders feel pretty





















Tried to dress down the outfit with the sandals. But still felt a little too -ahem- buttoned up for the weekend.


















































Flowy black and white would have been better




































This black and white gorgeousness would have been a dream.




























Want your own low cost version? Try strapless numbers at Anthropogie or Forever.






























Did a LBD for dinner even though the restaurant is a total dive. The real centerpiece of the evening look: my third pair of birthday shoes.






They are my Barbie meets Bladrunner shoes. They are Giuseppe Zannotti. And their milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.





















I'm not gonna lie: I have a hard time spelling Giuseppe Zannotti. But I know that signature anywhere. And I know his shoes are a) not for wall flowers and b) all about the details. Which means they are for me.





































Love the buckles



































And the platform


























His leopard prints



























And bling















GZ shoes are always a little bit tough. A little bit rockstar. A little bit Riri. Right down to the mullet :)
























For my birthday, I wanted a shoe that was pure unadulterated fun. Forget functional. I'm a 32 year old fashionista so I have the basics covered. I was looking for ridiculously fabulous. Tried on several neon Jimmy Choos and Manolos that were also on sale. But this shoe was just the most interesting. And surprisingly comfortable for a ice pick stilleto. Sure the color is trendy but the shoe is so unique that I think it's actually timeless.



















I won't wear the shoes with my neon pink dress or skirt. Likely will pair em with all black or white or gray or really any color other than pink. Have to wear them with luxe or tailored looks. Nothing too low cut or skin tight - that would make them look real cheap, real fast. Think they will be just the right amount of pop for dressed down jean looks too. So.much.fun.





















Next neon purchase you can anticipate: a peekaboo bra. Love the flash of an unexpected bra with white. So Material Girl. So my childhood.


11 comments:

Jean Bean said...

hahahaha! that frank. i didn't know you didn't like J.Lo. i'm not wild about gorgeous asians myself.

Kelley said...

I absolutely love the Armani Exchange top. Love how pretty it makes your shoulders look. And those shoes are fierce!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

oh my. I have recently discovered this amazing site of goodness. Leighton looks to die, dying over your pink shoes and black and white is thebest. I will be back. oh yes I will.

weezermonkey said...

We both liked Nick and Norah. :)

Sable Crow said...

The hot-pink GZ shoes made my Friday morning. Wow.

Ivy said...

Those shoes are hotness!!! Love them on you...

Emily said...

Oh my god. I LOVE THESE SHOES. I said that about the Manolos too, but these win. I just pretty much adore Guiseppe Zannotti. Those ads with the super tight sequin skirts not only sold me on the shoes, they made me want to go out and find myself a skirt to match.

These shoes are amazing, they must have made you so happy all night just looking at your toes!

WendyB said...

I'm always in favor of neon.

deb said...

your outfit with the LBD, the hot shoes and fab clutch is EXCELLENT! You looked absolutely beautiful. WORK IT!

Ruby said...

Your outfit is too cute! Love how you pair that skirt with different tops for totally different looks!

The zebra print shoes are amazing, trying to justify buying them now!

amber said...

Those shoes are so HOT!

I've read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and LOVED it! Heard the movie was just meh, so I skipped it. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin