Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Scene
Get out of the office at a decent hour today. Hit the gym and manage to run 3 miles. Just barely. Ugh. I spent the last 2 months hardly exercising and eating waaaay too much. Getting back on track. Have a wedding in May in Mexico that I am going to use to motivate my piggly wiggly jiggly ass.



The Outfit
Jovavich-Hawk for Target dress
Burberry trench coat

The Accessories
Zara belt
Marc Jacobs purse and zipper earrings
Forever 21 bangle
DKNY tights
Isaac Mizrahi for Target canvas pumps

The Grade
A-

The Commentary

I think this might be my favorite Go International purchase. Timeless print and flattering silouhette. I reach for it whenever I am in a Parisian state of mind.


First time belting the dress today.





Made it a bit short. Like the dress Betsey Johnson showed for spring.



A little like this flowy one shouldered number.

Love the classic feel of this black and white sheath - very Jackie O.



But the nude polka dots at Marni were probably my favorite.








The dots at Michael Kors and Vivienne Westwood were a bit too clowny
for me.


But those peep toe leather booties I'll take in every color ;)




Intrigued by the idea of blending complimentary polka dot prints into one outfit


But I think it's an experiment that could go very very wrong very very quickly.




Speaking of going wrong with polka dots, I can appreciate THE CONCEPT of PJs as evening wear that Dolce and Gabbana showed on the runway for spring



But in real life, during a recession, on a woman, no me gusta. I think PJs in public are best left to Hugh Hefner.

Wore the black tights today to balance the shortness of the dress when belted.



Chose the light colored shoes to create a nice bit of contrast.










I bought these shoes at Target about 4 years ago. $25. Love the rounded shape and neutral color and comfortable height. Think they look quite expensive.



Remind me of the spray painted Miu Miu canvas pumps I am starting to see in all the magazines.











Unfortunately I doubt Target will do a good replica of these thousand dollar sequin Miu Miu platforms any time soon. I DIE!







Sigh. But I'd settle for the polka dotted tights I've been looking for for years. So little naughty girl hot!



6 comments:

weezermonkey said...

I had polka dot pants in college that I loved...until some boys called me a clown. :(

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

Ooh polka dot tights - that would be great! Your hair is still looking great.

WendyB said...

I like the spray-painted shoe look.

tam pham said...

i'm a sucker for polka dots.

lookrichbitch said...

why did that dress look absolutely ridic on me and then look fab on you? poo!

please motivate me to work out.

Tiffany said...

If you find those tights, will you let me know? So cute, I want!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin