Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Scene
Longest week ever. Completely and utterly exhausted. Apologies for being so behind on blogging.

The Outfit
Forever 21 jacket
Marc by Marc Jacobs top
Old Navy jeans

The Accessories
Me&Ro necklace
Louis Vuitton earrings
Chanel bag
Banks & Biddle bangle
Urban Outfitters sandals

The Grade
M for Mediocre Meh


The Commentary
My most exciting fashion moment today? Mixing patterns - floral with plaid. Jean Bean's most exciting moment? Rubbing elbows with all of fashion's elite. Um, Jean Bean wins.


Here's Jean Bean's commentary on her much more fashionable day:

Fashion Group International's Night of Stars is the biggest award night in NY fashion after the CFDAs, and it includes European designers, whereas the CFDAs do not.


I wore some borrowed samples from Burberry Prorsum since I was sitting with the Burberry delegation and planning to make Christopher Bailey the center of my event coverage.



Kate Bosworth presented his award in a feathered dress I had my eye on. Sigh. But I got to spend an hour one-on-one with him that morning. He is a dream to interview. Articulate, humble, friendly, considerate, professional, perfect.


The coat I wore was super chic but much more voluminous than I'm used to. Here it is on the runway. The shoes and necklace are pure amazing and well worth any discomfort they might have caused.





I also borrowed a killer spiked bangle but didn't wear
it, because I would have dropped it all night and probably broken some glassware in the process. The dress is my own, Isaac Mizrahi.





During the cocktail hour I mingled with other editors, designers, retailers and execs. At one point I chatted with Ashley Olsen about her new book. She later presented to Francisco Costa. Yigal Azrouel thanked me for all my recent editorial support, and the next day sent me a cool belt!!!!




It was a long night, with 13 awards. Karl Lagerfeld presented to the Costume Institute's Harold Koda. J.Lo and Prince presented to Donatella Versace. Christian Louboutin, Philippe Starck, Harvey Weinstein and Barneys' Simon Doonan gave the wittiest speeches. ILMAO when Simon said the Sozzani sisters (of Vogue Italia and 10 Corso Como) needed to get back to the Marriott Marquis in time for speed dating in the revolving lounge. As if.


Best dressed: Donatella, Bosworth, Ashley, and net-a-porter founder Natalie Massenet.

xx
JB











EEEEEEEE! What a dream of an event, no??? Even more fab than her last big one.


I may be biased but I think JB makes much better arm candy for Mr. Costa. Sniff.








And I know a certain Latina who also looks luscious in lavender, knows the over the shoulder pose and would make a perfect party companion for the Kaiser.

9 comments:

Jean Bean said...

Did you know Natalie Massenet founded net-a-porter in 1998? Yeesh. I was still two years from making my first online purchase.

One genius idea -- that's all we need, sister. I kiss you!

amy said...

i hope on my best day to have your "mediocre" style! i really liked your outfit.

amber said...

okay, i think i want jean bean's life.

and now, after having met you, i can confidently say that you'd most *definitely* be better arm candy for the kaiser.

that is all.

Lynn Tran said...

You look fab, even for "mediocre." Can I just say that I have major hair envy - totally loving JB's hair. The effortless side bang sweep, adore.

Tiffany said...

ack! jean bean is so cool! entirely green with envy!

your mix of the two patterns is perfect!

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

I think you pulled off the clashing patterns, it looked great. I hope you had a great and successful launch.

WendyB said...

I need to work on my over-the-shoulder pose. Damn!

lookrichbitch said...

fascinated by all your fashion-y friends!

lookrichbitch said...

eeps! sorry.. too quick with the trigger finger.

meant to say i loved your mix and match patterns! adore the m by mj top.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin