Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Scene
My last hump day at The Office. It's getting surreal.

Have a fun lunch with The Peeper, Styleminded and Mr. Honorary Hot Chick. Um, we all used to average about a twice a week lunches. Since I got the job offer it's turned into every day. I guess we're all trying to make the most of the last days I'm there. Love it, but sadness!

Go to a happy hour for another guy in my dept. who is leaving. My girlies dress up for it. Love them. We grub and giggle and mingle.

Head home early, clean up the house and go to bed early. Mr. Diabolina gets home tomorrow. Woo hoo.




The Outfit
Forever 21 white linen dress
Brown wrap sweater


The Accessories
Forever 21 "jade" necklace
Louis Vuitton earrings
Laundry by Shelli Segal espadrilles
Louis Vuitton Speedy
Chanel brown quilted sunglasses
Damier inspired brown bangle

The Grade
B+



The Commentary
I've been dying to wear white since my US Weekly landed in my mailbox last Friday. (Yes, I subscribe and yes, I know it's Tiger Beat for adults and yes, I realize that Perez Hilton routinely scoops UW. I don't care.

There is nothing like ending my work week with a cocktail and a side of mindless celebrity gossip. Me likes the glossy images and fashion features. I also think I'm very tactile. I like things in my grubby little paws versus a computer screen. That's probably why I don't online shop much.)

This week's Us Weekly had a snapshot of Gwynnie at Beyonce's weeding. Was devastatingly smitten with her whole look. I have such the girl crush on her. I think she taps into my weird belief that I will turn into a tall, lithe, blond, white woman when I grow up. Sigh.

I am just loving the new short swinging hair. And the feminine poufiness and understated sexiness of this elegant frock. And those gams! With those shoes! Ugh utter perfection.

So that white dress lead to my one and only white dress getting dusted off. It was one of my very first Forever 21 purchases. I wore it to death the summer I first got it.

It's so easy and summery. The sexiness of the neckline is balanced by the demure length and flowing shape. Love pairing it with browns and turquoise. Very Tex Mex, Ride-'em-Cowgirl cute.

Should have ironed the linen to make it fresher, less wrinkly. But ugh, I need a personal assistant for such chores :)

These shoes were bought on deep discount over 4 years ago. There was a point in my life were every formal dress that I bought was Laundry. The classic tailoring was just right on my body and fit my aesthetic.

I think these shoes were part of the lines first attempts at accessories. I love how they are ugly hot, super comfy and give me crazy height.

Funny story about these shoes: The CEO at my last company was a real visionary. By the time he was my age, he'd sold a company for billions. This is a man who thinks big, not one who is bothered with details. And he's not very personable. He's kinda all business, all the time.

So imagine my surprise when he complimented these shoes. He said something innocuous like "I like those shoes" but that was enough to practically knock me over. I had worn over a year's worth of sassy outfits and worked closely with him that whole time. We'd even traveled together quite a bit. Never got the sense that anything ever registered with him. But these shoes somehow grabbed him. Hilarious.

I don't think I ever wore those shoes again at that job though. Too distracting. Too awkward.

7 comments:

Fabulosity said...

I love White with Teal! It's feeling like Summer!

Jean Bean said...

Gwyneth wore white to Beyonce's wedding?

Da Fashionista said...

jb,

the couple requested all ladies wear white. nutso, i know.

i want to wear fuchsia at yours :)

amber said...

i still have a bit of an obession with laundry. my sr. year prom dress was a total splurge (thanks mommy!) -- a floor-length, black, scoop neck gown. more than 10 years later and i still think it's a beautiful, simple, understated dress.

my current go-to dress for weddings/special events is a med. blue rayon/jersey blend laundry dress. love it.

love love love brown paired with white and a shot of green or teal. so fresh, so summery.

tam pham said...

you're a vision in white!!! ah the similarities never stop...I too tacked on a English Lit double major because I LOVED to read and write...also so that I wouldn't have to graduate early! we're both such nerds...albeit nicely dressed ones!! :-)

JillFantastic said...

You know, it never would have occured to me to wear a wrap sweater unwrapped, but here amongst the pages of My Super Sweet Fashion Diary you are rocking the unwrapped wrap again and again. I bow down to you Diabolina.

weezermonkey said...

I envy those who can wear white. I look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin