Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Scene
Big BIG day. Today marks my 100th blogging post.

Can't believe I've chronicled the last 100 days of my life.
Can't believe I've stuck with it and find such joy in its evolution.
Can't believe that I am averaging about 130 visits a day.
Can't believe how it's changed me as a writer, fashionista, woman.

For a while now I've been thinking I'd do something special to commemorate this big milestone. Never dreamed it would coincide with another major development - accepting a job offer and leaving my current role. Funny how things play out...

I hope you can forgive me for not being completely honest over the past 100 days. I have been interviewing this entire time but didn't want to put anything out there until it was definite.

Here's the skinny on work: For the past couple of years, I've worked as an editor. A bit of a Carrie Bradshaw, I'm realizing after the fact. Except not single and sinewy.

Sounds like a dream right? Well...for the most part it has been. I make good money. I have made the most amazing work friends. I get paid to write. Not a bad deal.

But ultimately, it's not the environment for me. Not the best fit. Have known that for a while. Over the past half a year, I've been very cognizant of running to something, not just running away from something. Pondered starting my own business. Wondered if I should go back to school...

In the end, I've taken a job that's a great opportunity to learn, that's broader than my current role, that pays more, that has assembled a talented team.

Plus, I think it's going to help with both the exercise and fashion goals of 2008!!! It's close to the water so I hope to half marathon train on the beach and it's near my fave resale haunts. Yay and yay!

It won't be perfect - have finally realized no job/person/situation will ever be - but it's perfect for right now. It's time for me to move on, have learned everything I was supposed to, gotten everything I can from this place.

The hardest part will be leaving behind my dear dear friends. Such magical souls. So blessed to have crossed paths with them.


Styleminded and The Peeper dressed sexy kitten at my request for the big occasion. LOVE THEM.

Look at Styleminded's pretty Michael Kors sandals.

Look at the difference just one button can make!!! Prim and proper to vavavoom naughty.

(The Peeper is wearing the magic Fashion Forms U bra I blogged about on Saturday. It was my birthday present to her - and her delish hubby. )

The three of us went out to a fancy Italian deli for lunchy. Some old guy in The Office tried to join us but we weren't having it.

Styleminded said, "People are so weird. It's like we're this exclusive lunch circle that they just have to try to get in on." Reminded me of The Office and Pam's finer things club. So excited for a new episode tomorrow.

After work, five of us went out to celebrate my impending freedom.



Copious rounds were imbibed.





And there was karaoke. Bad bad bad karaoke.


We were all a hot hot grip of mess.




I am going to miss them. More than they'll ever know.



The Outfit
Fuchsia wrap dress
Brown empire dress with Karta-esque beading

The Accessories
Me&Ro necklace and earrings
YSL chocolate tote
Manolo Blahnik chocolate pumps

The Grade
B+



The Scene
One of the ultimate fashion pressure cooker situations today. What does one wear to quit? Decided I wanted to channel casual elegance, sophisticated confidence, subdued exuberance.

Steep order.

Decided to go with something new, a piece without baggage, if you will. That way this dress would be"The dress I wore when I quit X." It will always have that dubious distinction.

Bought this dirty pretty thing last weekend downtown with KFR. Love the color. Adore the Karta-esque beading at the chest. Have been wanting a dress like this for a year. $39. Sure beats paying $282 for the "real" thing.

The skirt is a bit fuller than I had remembered in the dressing room. Not so great for the hips but I dig it. Very retro.

Felt soft and strong in it. Playful and professional. Love clothes that allow for multiple sides of your personality to come through.

Knew the wrap sweater was a must. This color makes me feel so alive. Like I shine.

Also put on the Me&Ro jewelery Mr. Diabolina has given me. Wanted to feel close to him today. Emboldened by his love, his strength, his integrity.

Also knew instantly I wanted to wear Manolos. I wanted to walk tall today, walk proud. Manolos are the best shoes for both. Also found it a fitting tribute to my Sex and the City- esque role.

Also perfect for walking away from something and toward something new.


p.s. Starting to get super excited about a new job where people have never seen any of my outfits before. A new job is like getting a whole new wardrobe for free.

Maybe that's why I switch jobs every couple of years :)

12 comments:

Jean Bean said...

THANK THE NO-WORDS-KNOWING, DIAPER-RASH-HAVING, INFANT BABY JESUS!

Fabulosity said...

Too much suspense! I can't take it.

MissMissy said...

Happy 100th!!! Can't wait to hear more on why you are wearing your "take this job and shove it" outfit(which looks great by the way). Congrats on both!!

MissJordyPants said...

I'm so freakin' excited for you! Jumping up and down in my chair for you!
Congratulations!

amber said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

okay, spill the beans girl. what's going on?!

weezermonkey said...

I really hate to say it, but this is one occasion that warrants the horrid phrase:

You go, girl!

Sounds like the numbers were right. I'm so proud of you. We must celebrate! :)

Lynn Tran said...

Congrats and can't wait to hear about the next phase of your professional development. You are such a tease ...

Victoria said...

Congrats!!! Want to hear about your next step....

that girl said...

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!?? ok so i have been working too much and not playing enough and it looks like i am missing big big things. first of all congrats on 100 posts! wow look at you fashionista, im very happy for you. second drinks... me, you, franken, monday or tuesday??? there will be no work those two days for me. kisses

Ivy said...

Congratulations on the 100 posts, the 100+ readers, the new job and the new enlightenment!

tam pham said...

oh my goodness! what exciting news!!! congrats on the 100th post and new job! love the "quitting" outfit!

KFR said...

Great new job, great blog, great fashion moments ... all in all, a fab start to '08. So happy for you!

Can't wait to find our new after-work happy hour spot in Santa Monica...

Happy 100! Keep it up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin