Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Window Shopping: My Favorite Stores in NYC

My tiny momma joined me for five days during my trip to New York.

DSCN2847


Per usual, we did ALOT of hogging and almost as much window shopping.

IMG_2376

Will blog about the food eventually but here's a glimpse at some tasty goodies we ate with our eyes (Bill Cunningham stole that from me!)

DSCN2768


Louis Vuitton on Fifth Avenue

Clear Vuitton??!! Clearly I need it.

DSCN2767


Also need more mint in my life.

DSCN2765

And who doesn't need more dusty pink

DSCN2764




Barney's New York

Can you believe I'd never set foot in Barney's New York in NYC? Not a fan of the service in the Beverly Hills store (wasn't surprised to hear the company is facing Chapter 11.)  But couldn't find any fault with all the GLORIOUS merchandise in the store.

DSCN2778

Balenciaga rainbows

IMG_2415

And Proenza ones

IMG_2416


The perfect flat. Period. The end. Miu Miu wins.

IMG_2417


Though these neon and snake Stella's were pretty insanely delicious....

IMG_2418

Sunnies for days

IMG_2413


The perfect outfit topper for a fashion peacock during NYFW

DSCN2772

My mom came within an inch of buying this Phillip Lim 31 bag. VERY Celine, no?


IMG_2420


Bergdorf Goodman

Bergdorf's is still my favorite NYC department store. This window of theirs was my absolute favorite of the trip. Mira those shoes!!!

IMG_2351

Soho

Discovered four new brands while window shopping this trip: #1 Sandro. Gorgeous cool girl clothes straight from Paris. Starting to hear about it everywhere. Go to there.

IMG_2377

Maje is another Parisian brand that's newish to the US. It's on Spring Street right next to Sandro. Both brands have the languid elegance of Isabel Marant but less hippie dippie, more polish.

IMG_2378


Cut 25 in SoHo opened a few weeks ago and is the new (lower-priced) line by Yigal Azrouel. Uber feminine and colorful.  Gorgeous fabrics and flattering shapes.  A+. Currently featured on Shopbop.com

IMG_2164

Not only did I want every piece of clothing in the store, I'm obsessed with all the gorgeous, hand-made jewelry by Holst + Lee

IMG_2161

Tiffany's 

Did you hear about the Rachel Zoe windows at Tiffany's honoring the Oscars? I ran over the day after they were revealed. Loved me some dioramas growing up so dioramas dripping with diamonds? ADORE.

IMG_2347

IMG_2344

IMG_2343

IMG_2348

A Second Chance


I love peeping consignment stores in NYC. The selection of gently worn fashion tends to be infinitely better than most LA stores.

IMG_2395


A Second Chance on Prince Street is one favorite. The Chanel jewelry is always out of control.


IMG_2394

IMG_2393


Marc Jacobs


Color blocked perfection. 

IMG_2379

Mama and I still heart us some MJ.


IMG_2380


Wish I'd set up another amazing tour of his showroom like we did during our last trip in June.

Signed,
A gluttonous pig who wants to window shop in showrooms
instead of pressing her grimy face in store windows

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin