Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where to Brunch in New York City: Locanda Verde

Locanda Verde came well recommended from various pigs that I trust my belly and my momma's belly with implicitly.


DSCN0330

We started with the Sheep’s Milk Ricotta with truffle honey and burnt orange toast. Even better than you could possibly imagine. Just the perfect mix of sweet and savory.

DSCN0319

Un then I snarfed the Zucchini Frittata with roasted tomato, goat cheese and basil. Best of my life. Hands down.

photo

And my mom got the Hazelnut-Crusted French Toast with sicilian citrus salad. Heavenly sinful.


2

Locanda Verde = two VERY happy stuffed maranas.

DSCN0321

Attempted to walk off the pig with a stroll from Greenwich to the Highline

DSCN0336

And then to the FIT Musuem for the Daphne Guinness exhibit

DSCN0340


Stunning slice of the McQueen exhibit at the Met. My mom and I were blown away

3

Here's the review I wrote for the Neiman Marcus blog. One of my better pieces of "fashion"writing me thinks.


STREETFSN

And one of the loveliest days I've ever spent in NYC. Food, fashion and the company make all the difference.

The Outfit
Forever 21 jeans
Target printed top
Vintage trench

The Accessories
Louis Vuitton purse
H&M hat
Century 21 booties
Canal Street necklace

The Grade
B

DSCN0326

The Commentary

I seriously want to LIVE in this hat. Love how glam it looks when my hair is TOE UP.


DSCN0322

Actually built the outfit around the shoes. These gloriously functional sherling lined wedge booties. Would never have bought them in LA (too Alexa Chung!) but snapped right up in NYC. $60 at Century 21. Perfect for the 2.5 mile trek through Manhattan today.

DSCN0335

So were my mom's Bruno Magli wedges. Also purchased in NYC. At Century 21 a few trips ago. Like momma, like daughter.


The Inspiration

Blake Lively




111021042831517288934372


66931158



Gucci_Westman-21-full


111014065353517288900358


111017043246517288915326

3 comments:

Nenette said...

Thanks for the tip, just made my reservation for an upcoming romantic weekend. Love the hat, too. XO

MargoSLaw said...

My cousin in law had her bridal shower there. So yum ! I want that ricotta now....

lookrichbitch said...

hooray for a great review! *clap clap clap*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin