Monday, March 5, 2012

New York Fashion Week: Milk Studios

The Scene
Last month, a work trip to NYC for Social Media Week (nerd-asorus!) just happened to coincide with Fashion Week (chic-asorus!). Which meant Jean Bean was also going to be in town to cover all the shows for Neiman Marcus (YAY-asorus!!!!!!!!!!)

DSCN2515

 I got to the city two days before my conference started and was basically "on call" for whatever show she could nab extra tickets.

DSCN2566

Got a text from her Saturday afternoon that the Erin Fetherston presentation at Milk Studios was a go! Thank gawd for a bff who brings me as her plus one!

IMG_2173


The clothes were ethereal, girly and extremely wearable---quintessential ERIN. The gorgeous but sullen looking models were a bit of a downer tho. We kept joking they were sooooo "Virgin Suicides."

IMG_2184

DSCN2521 DSCN2533


DSCN2536


DSCN2532

DSCN2526

The cool thing about Milk Studios is that you can wander from presentation to presentation in the same building. No need to suffer the 30 degree weather outside. No need to look like a yeti.

DSCN2516



Jean Bean and I stumbled upon Dean Quinn's presentation down the hall from Erin! The vibrant colors, sexy shapes and smoky smize-ing eyes! LOVED!


DSCN2561 DSCN2564

DSCN2558


DSCN2559

Next door we found another stunning presentation by Oslwald Helagson. Incredible styling. Particularly loved the dainty bags with the chunky shoes and frankly, ALL THAT COLOR.

DSCN2546

DSCN2549

DSCN2557
DSCN2551

DSCN2556

Oswald might be the next big thing judging by the fashion star sightings we had at his presentation: THE blogger of all bloggers, Susie Bubble (where Jean Bean's eyes are pointing!) 

DSCN2562

And flame-haired Taylor Tomasi Hill in the neon jeans.

DSCN2560

After spotting those two street style juggernauts, I had a moment of silence, thanking the fashion gods and Jean Bean for making my NYFW experience complete.

DSCN2552


The Outfit
American Apparel liquid leggings and tights
Harrod's crew neck cashmere sweater
White thermal
Forever 21 furry vest
French Connection hooded army coat

The Accessories
Forever 21 necklace and bracelets
Louis Vuitton bag
Brass Plum infinity scarf
H&M hat
Hunter wellies

The Grade
F


DSCN2512

The Commentary
I've gotten better at packing for New York in the last few years. The trick is layering and bringing the right shoes. But this time, having to pack for Social Media Week business events AND Fashion Week fun events? Forget about it. And oh, did I mention it was forecasted to be around 30 degrees in NYC most of my 10 day trip with a mix of rain and wintery mix? F my life and my carry-on.

IMG_2113


I knew I'd packed all wrong when I got to Jean's hotel room and she had all this well-edited fabulousness. Instantly felt like a country mouse. Wah wah wah.



DSCN2480

She'd brought functional boots that were Gucci not Wellies

DSCN2500

Her gloves were gilded. I'd forgotten mine all together like a California rookie.

DSCN2501

Consoled myself with the fact that she'd lived in NYC and dressed for the weather for a decade plus, during that time, it's been part of her job description to pack for fashion shows all over the world.

DSCN2499

Had to make due with some fun accessories to jazz up the boring, functional basics I'd packed.

DSCN2507

Should have repeated the Missoni for Tarjay sweater, floppy J Lo hat, burgundy jeans and fur collar combo I'd donned the night before for dinner and drinks with Mr. NBC. Infinitely chicer than the slop I ended up wearing to Milk Studios. F.

DSCN2498

You live and you learn and you drink to forget...

DSCN2496


The Inspiration



IMG_2369



IMG_2366

IMG_2363

IMG_2488

IMG_2486

FW12_NY_0209_9757_2137160a



IMG_2464

IMG_2487

FW12_NY_0209_9830_2137158a






3 comments:

Lisa Price said...

I LOVE this post! It looks like you had a fabulous time. Now following your blog religiously. Xoxo.

Stay Fashionable,
Lisa Price

www.lisapriceinc.com

adeleno5 said...

Love Jean Bean's golden gloves. Weather really complicates fashion, doesn't it?

lookrichbitch said...

Methinks, I need to cozy up to Jean Bean... Put in a good word for me, will ya? Me love you long time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin