Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Scene
Mr. Diabolina and Sable Crow flew back to LA this morning. Leaving my mom and me to eat and and shop in girly peace.


We started the day with breakfast at XYZ at the W hotel.

Y-U-M.


Then we spent the whole day gobbling up every square inch of Union Square. What a shopping district. I dare say it is my favorite...EVER, ANYWHERE.

Happy to report these Loeffler Randall pumps were the only pricey item to tempt my wallet today.

At $200 they would have been as close as I'd ever get to the Christian Louboutin python lace ups that make me weep. Alas Neiman's didn't have my size. Not meant to be.





In the end, I bought exactly 3 things for about $100:

In the evening, introduced my mom to my one, my only, my Bong Su, site of my foodgasm in early October. We ordered the cod and coconut rice again and this time I added the pomegranate duck. Good lordy it was delish.


Wonderfully girly, relaxing day with my mama. It's starting to feel like the holidays...FINALLY!



The Outfit
Forever 21 strapless tunic and leggings and jacket
Vintage coat
Image wrap sweater

The Accessories
Louis Vuitton earrings
Me&Ro necklace
Chanel bag
Loeffer Randall for Target flats

The Grade
C



The Commentary
I focused so much on getting last night's outfit pitch perfect that I really screwed the pooch on the rest of the weekend. I packed as if I was headed to Hawaii. In the spring. F.


Even with the cropped leggings and the wrap sweater I looked out of place during the day.










I should have brought boots and jeans and hats


And tights and layers and scarves.






Instead of the jersey tulipy dress and eyelet jacket, I should have done black pants and booties and statement top and fierce jacket.









The heavy coat and the bare legs would have worked if I was wearing heels. But with flats the whole look was wrong wrong wrong. Sigh.


At least my golden tootsies matched my mom - again ;)

4 comments:

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

God you two are super cute!

WendyB said...

That's how I felt in Florida last week. It was much chillier there than I'd prepared for.

tam pham said...

what a fun day with momma!!! wish i was there with you both :-).

Mar5195 said...

I made the same mistake when I went up to SF. Silly me thought it might be warm in July and it was freezing. I went back in August and dressed in layers. Which worked because it went from summer to fall in a matter of hours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin